7 Mar 2018

Chaos Daemons - Bloodcrushers of Khorne - by Nick at The Burning Eye

Hi All, thanks for dropping by. As regular readers may know, I have a rather large to-do pile I am currently painting my way through, but I have also a hankering for a colourful army which is totally different from my grey Relictors Power Armour, or my silver and blue Necron Dynasty.  My hobby butterfly affliction means I also start a fair few armies, namely Tau, Custodians, Genestealer Cult, Ad Mech, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle - needless to say I have plenty to keep me busy.

So, I farmed out some Daemons to blogger buddies who were branching out into Commissions to help them develop their painting styles and fledgling business. Nick Thrower at the Burning Eye has done some before for me, my Fateweaver and Screamers of Tzeentch  Rob Hill at 30Kplus40K has also painted my Daemonettes and Pink Horrors - thank-you both. Please check out their blogs and ask if they are doing Commissions if you like these.
Anyway, on to the Bloodcrushers! Love the raw brutal power look of these beasts, they look great on the newer oval bases, a lot more presence, and I love the glowing sword straight from the heat of the fires of damnation Nick has achieved, the middle Bloodletter rider really is keen to crash into the mortal ranks somewhere!
These look really great, I love the fact that Nick went the extra mile and painted from a white undercoat so the internal glow of yellows and oranges retained its brightness, I think he regretted that decision tho! Nick even based them in my usual colours and style, I just added my flock mix.
I am absolutely pleased with my latest Commission units, Nick has also been working on a unit of Plaguebearers, a Fiend of Slannesh and a unit of Seekers of Slannesh, which I'll be posting in due course. I mailed straight from GW to Nick, so he also prepped and built these all.
Here's a shot of them in their new home, in the WeeMen room at casa Siph. Great additions, really pain free and smooth transaction with Nick and he is a pleasure to do business with. Very reasonable rates too, I guess I also got a blogger buddy discount! Top bloke - check his commission page out if you require something commissioned. Cheers mate.

Thanks for having a look-see, Cheers, Siph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin