25 May 2020

Primaris Lieutenant Amulius - Limited Edition Event Only Character

Hello All, thanks for dropping by, a break from the Daemons - a character for my fledgling Relictors Primaris reinforcements, this was the Event Only miniature meant for events and Adepticon 2020, however COVID-19 ruined that so GW have announced this will be/has been (depends on time of reading) released for general sale. Luckily when I bought it I didn't pay more than RRP, so quids in.
I love the stoic pose of this sculpt, rightly so for what I'll have him doing, sitting at the back with the bigger guns and intervening when the enemy gets too close, with his Power Sword and Bolt Pistol. I used Kantor Blue, Sotek Green, Temple Guard Blue and Baharroth Blue for the blade.

The leather straps (Pteruges) were painted Doombull Brown, washed Nuln Oil, highlighted Wazdakka Red and final touch of Squig Orange like Our Liege Duncan taught me - practice for Custodian Guard leathers.
As usual I used leather Mournfang Brown, washed Nuln and highlighted Balor Brown for the pouches to break up the greys. Greys are Dawnstone (AP Uniform Grey / old Codex Grey) for the armour, washed Nuln Oil, highlighted Administratum Grey (old Fortress Grey), a recipe I've used for over ten years.
I was rather pleased with the helmet details, the red and white stripes denoting his rank as Lieutenant (Lef-tenant for us Brits, not the US Loo-tenant I see so many UK YouTuber's saying...) haha. Just noticed I forgot to put script on the parchment - that was Ushabti Bone with a coat of Contrast Skeleton Horde, so easy. I will fix that right now.
And of course, a special mention to the Commission Artist Kooperkape I got chatting to over on Reddit who kindly agreed to use my heads as practice, and a great job he did too! Very pleased indeed, I hate faces! Usually I try to helmet my guys, makes sense on the battlefield, as you can see on the Intercessors Sergeant I removed his belt-buckled helmet and added it to his bonce. But this sculpt was pretty stoic and the face a great sculpt - his whole pose is based on the holding the helmet I wanted flesh! So, thank-you to Kooperkape for a job excellently done.

Not sure what I want to do next, I should really get some Reaver done if I want to beat 3.5yrs target...

Cheers Siph (10pts)

6 comments:

  1. A fittingly imposing character to lead your Relictors...from the back ;-)
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how you taunt me with this finely painted model sir! Its seems painful that I'll have to wait till mid-autumn before being able to gewt one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate and sorry :) I will let you know as soon as it arrives ;)

      Delete
  3. Very nice but he looks a bit pale...

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin