13 May 2017

Skarbrand The Exiled One

Hello Readers!

Again,thanks for looking!

Up next, Skarbrand. Skarbrand the Exiled One is a Bloodthirster, a Greater Daemon of the Blood God Khorne. Skarbrand betrayed the Blood God due to the machinations of Tzeentch, the Lord of Change, and was exiled from the service of Khorne - I did the 2 daemons at the same time, to make sure the skin tones remain the same for the two, it also meant I could try techniques on one, then on the other if I liked it.
The face I'm happy with the finish, I went for a complete right side with no red skin, just bone- with the bear bone of the mandible visible, and horns black from the damage.
I'm really happy with the axes, I washed them differently to add a different dimension to them, one has a red hue to it, the other a purple- I felt this could be the axe that Skarbrand used again Khorne after the words from Slaanesh- that the axe had been corrupted in some way. Again each had a good coat of blood.
The look is what I was hoping for, and am happy with the results. For the base I plan to use a Black Templar model, with a black sword stabbed into Skarbrand - as told in the story from GoS3 book.
Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Really good job on the face and horn. I also like the blood soaked weapons, great job mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I have yearned to get this model since he came out, so thanks for letting me live vicariously through the steps you've shared with us on this blog. And he turned out great BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks fantastic dude, you've done justice to a great mini, top work ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is lookong ace. Truly a terrifying thing to face. Does it come with the full bloodthirster sprues?

    ReplyDelete
  5. PM me if you would like to raid my BT bitz collection, should such a thing be needed/wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comments, really glad the feedback is positive, really enjoyed painting Skarbrand!

    Rory Priest- The kit doesn't include one full bloodthirster sprue, the one with the wings, and an additional sprue for Skarbrand.

    Zzzzzz - Cheers for the offer, I might take you up on that- I need to check my bitz box, As I'm sure I do own a model that might work well..

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin