15 May 2017

Magnetizing a Necron Triarch Stalker - WIP

Howdy Folks, been busy constructing and painting the next item off my to-do pile. The Triarch Stalker is a Quantum Shielded AV11(13 until glanced or penned walker which can be armed with a heat ray, or Heavy Gauss Cannon TL. The third weapon is a Particle cannon blast weapon, but I don't intend using that one.
The Heavy Gauss Cannons are a pricey addition so not always going to be my preferred choice, two short range Lascannon type shots would be good, but the main buff of the Triarch Stalker is the +1 BS it's targeting relay gives to Necron squads within 6in.
The magnets were inserted into the end of the cannon assembly and to mount the Gauss Cannons, two either side of the body. I also added a magnet at the end of the big crystal array.
This crystal on the end was for stowing the Heat Ray cannon end or the lens end so they do not get lost or forgotten when travelling.
Great job I think, the heat ray at the back looks a little like an exhaust manifold, so looks passable to me. Onward with the painting... Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved that model, no idea why it appeals but fair play on trying to magnetise it. Tricky stuff.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin