30 Sept 2020

It's that time of year - Dreadtober 2020

Hello Dreadtober-teers! My favourite hobby event of the calendar year is back again for another installment, feel free to click on the sidebar picture for a link to the main Dreadtober site, this year being run by Marc (Old School Gaming) so a massive thanks to him for keeping the hobby event alive for another year! And thanks to the founder Greggles, and Joe B and Todd (Sincain40K) and Joel (Mordian7th) for their contributions through the years too.

Dreadtober is an annual event held over the month of October where hobbyists pledge to do a dreadnought-sized model from the to-do pile and get it finished, starting 1st Oct (tomorrow) and hopefully completing 31st Oct (Halloween/All Hallows Eve) with lots of progress shots and encouragement along the way :) and I like to partake in Dreadtober, and have done for a few years, you can see the fruits of this labour in the picture below.
This year I have got a Space Marine Leviathan Dreadnought out of the to-do pile and onto the hobby desk, armed with the fearsome close-ranged Grav Flux Bombards, 18in of pure heavy death!
The state of play today
The fearsome Grav-Flux Bombard arms
Box of resin joy.

Wish me good luck and plenty of hobby time, and to all the Dreadtober-teers, many successes with your own projects!

Cheers, Siph

4 comments:

  1. Good luck indeed! What a mighty machine I bet that will turn out to be. I bet they all will and I look forward to watching everyone's progress.. It's going to be a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Siph I too am Leviathaning. Its a great mini by the way just finished my build!

    Cheers

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! Also producing a Leviathan, using the newer Forge World Dark Angels model for Horus Heresy. May we all stomp on through the month with plenty of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Leviathans appear to be a popular choice for Dreadtober, makes me wish I had one but I have no real need for them 😅

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin