5 Oct 2020

Relictors Space Marine Bike Squad - 'Ablative Wound' Bikers

Hello All, thanks for dropping by. I painted up some Bike Squads ages ago (Bike Squad with Grav), blimey time flies, that was four years ago! But, as the special weapons and Sergeant with Combi-Weapon could be fielded as is, the addition of a few 'ablative wound' bikers without special weapons would ensure the Bike Squad remained combat effective and high damage output for longer.
So, I have finally gotten around to painting up four 'standard' Bikers to add to the two under-strength Bike Squads I had. Partly as they have been sitting in the to-do pile for four years, and partly because I cannot with good conscious paint up the Primaris Bikers in Indomitus box set without firstly painting what Bikes I already had! These are the first two.
And the understrength Bike Squad number two was actually Plasma Gun armed, however they have nicked two more standard Bikers, so here is another Bike Squad armed with Grav Guns that has now two new additional members.
Here is the two new additions, I was very pleased to see the consistency of painting even after a break of four years - they fit perfectly in. Now if the SM Bike design old and new could just have the ground clearance to drive over a pebble... I still love the old bike design. Shielded and brutal, functional. Classic.

So that brings my Bike force up to 1x5 Melta Squad, 1x5 Plasma Squad, 2x5 Grav Squad plus 3x Attack Bikes, 1x5 Scout Bikes, a Chaplain, a Librarian, a Captain (on JetBike) and a Master of the Forge on bike! 32 Bikes. (I still have 5x Bikes and 5x long range recon Scout Bikes (SM bike with metal Scouts originals to do...) Maybe I can paint the new Outriders first after all, as a treat! Haha, only my Hobby Butterfly will know!

Cheers, Siph (8 pts)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that reminds me, I still have two of these on the sprue, with the one painted up in my old Storm Wardens colors. Need to do something with all three...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out really well and match in with the old ones perfectly. Strong play.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin