16 Mar 2020

Imperial Knights - Dominus Class Valiant Knight

Hello fellow Knight Scions, thanks for dropping by. Whilst I was painting last week's Dominus Castellan from my friends Terryn to now Vassal Knights of Astorum, I worked on the Dominus Class Valiant Knight, the short-range brutal killer Knight 'Countess Joscelin' riding 'Iron God'.
The scheme is very similar to the box art Terryn Knight but adapted to Legio Astorum by liberal use of FW Legio Astorum transfers, and yellow instead of cream/white panels. The trim is the same as my Titans and the blue is Kantor Blue, again the same as my Titans.
The bases follow my usual recipe of Mournfang Brown, Karak Stone and Ushabti Bone with the addition of some slate pieces from the garden, drybrushed and sealed to blend in.
I quite like the exposed gubbins and the dual reactor cores on the rear of the Knights, I chose to keep this one standard build, no extended legs, its a short-range bruiser, its immense yet smaller bulk compared to my Castellan makes sense to me.
The Astorum star constellation decals are quite effective on these, and I've since added heat staining to the top cannon barrels, always miss something until you see it in photos!
As usual with all my Knights so far, the viewport is silver with Soulstone Blue technical paint, easy and effective looking without blending. Can't wait to use this Knight in battle, I think he'll be bruising!
And finally a shot of both the Dominus Knights together, a hefty pair - until compared to my Titans! Of course... nothing beats a Warlord Titan! lol ;)
Thanks for stopping by, cheers, Siph (20pts Knight)

11 comments:

  1. Cracking models, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am certainly loving the growth of my Knight Banner! They look cool in Astorum (almost Terryn) colours.

      Delete
  2. Everybody knows a real man chooses a Valiant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. I like the pair, and I think the slight backwards tilt of the upper body gives the Valiant a slight resemblance of the old plastic beetleback warlord... some how a more aggressive look than the more forward leaning pose I usually see on these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...that last shot is so cute! ;) Great looking knights, though, on a serious note. A seriously fearsome pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not many battles that I’ll get to use them both, but looking forward to when I do, maybe at the TitanOwnersClub UK Walk later in the year now.

      Delete
  5. He looks the mean bruiser. Until one sees the pict of the knight in front of the Warlord.

    Nice though, I must finish mine at some point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and register your Engines at TitanOwnersClub

      Delete
  6. Great work mate; far out, that last picture really puts knights into perspective.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin