20 Jun 2014

Ezekiel Abaddon

Hi all - please meet my latest addition to my Iron Warriors and Warlord of my Blog Wars 7 army; Ezekiel Abaddon.
This obviously isn't the 40K Abaddon model, he is from the Forgeworld Horus Heresy Character Series.

Abaddon is staple Character for CSMs players and whilst I probably wouldn't normally run him in a typical game, if you have to bring a Special Character, there's only one choice. Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of the older model - too spiky! But this version fits nicely with the pre-Heresy vibe I am going for.

The casting quality was great and there were no problems with the build - as you would expect from a Forgeworld mini. 
Paint scheme-wise I had no idea what to do, so pretty much straight up copied the examples I found on the Forgeworld site and CMoN.

The pictures don't really show it well, but this was my first real attempt into blending and I managed to get the reds scaling quite nicely down from a dark red/maroon to orange. The black was a pain though - as most painters know... What do you do about painting black? In the end I went for flat black with various grey line highlights across the armour - another technique I have been practicing but never using to this extent.
I hope you like - I can't wait to get some more of the Horus Heresy Character Series now! Where's Perturabo!!!???

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!!! Very well done.

    I'm personally waiting for them to make a model of Sigsmund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome looking model! really like the model, and the painting scheme looks sweet..

    Hopefully my centurions can deal with him again like last time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only if they are equally as good painted Lord H ;)

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin