With Siph returning home, a cheeky BW3 warm up battle was arranged to test potential army lists.
Siph's list was a Calgar-Dread list, including a Master of the Forge to enable him to field 5 dreadnoughts of various types. Jedi's list was a Mono-Khorne list, with Skulltaker as the Character choice.
We decided to test them on of the scenerios that we will be playing at BW3 (thanks FtF)
Daemon wave 1 included 2 Soul Grinders, a Bloodthirster and a unit of Bloodcrushers including Skulltaker and a Herald. Daemon wave 2 was 2 units of 8 Bloodletters, 1 unit of 7 Bloodletters, 5 Flesh Hounds and a another Soul Grinder.
Infiltators- Scouts into 'infirmary' building in opposite quarter to Relictors Deployment.
- Daemons Wave 1 arrive via Deep Strike- Soul Grinders (SG) in position to fire, Bloodthirster (BT) and Bloodcrushers (BC) behind centre building
- Poor Daemon shooting phase- with no casaulties from SG firing scattering/not wounding
- Relictors open fire on SG's- causing no damage. Forget to shoot Scouts at BT
- Rifle-dread's fire on BC unit- causing 3 single wounds
- Ironclad charges BT
- Venerable dread charges SG
- Both dreadnoughts are destroyed in CC (Siph :-( stoopid in hindsight )
- Flesh Hounds and 7 Bloodletters arrive- FH in front of the Relictors lines, BL in cover to claim a quarter
- Bloodthirster charges into Rifledread - destroys Dread
- 2nd SG charges Rhino and is smashed to pieces
- SG hit and has a weapon blown off and Immobilised
- Marneus and MotF charged into the SG
- 2nd SG taken out with a 'lucky' krak
- FH wiped out from Relictor bolter fire
- MotF killed by the SG in CC - squish
- Marneus wounded twice by the SG in CC - Daemon and Relictor rounds
- 2nd Rhino moved into position to claim Quarter
- 8 man Bloodletters arrives via DS- however a mishap occurs and Siph positions them into building in Daemons claimed quarter - far left of below pic
- Bloodthirster charges 2nd Rifleman- killing in CC
- Terminators arrive via DS- homing onto Marneus' Homing Beacon
- Herald killed by marines and Scouts fire
- Marneus wounded again - in return destroyed a SG weapon
- Bloodletters charge 5 man Relictor squad- killing all,
- Dreadnought charges BL in response- killing 1 and contesting Quarter
- 3rd SG arrives via DS- in support of the other SG
- final BL squad arrives via DS, and mishaps - and is destroyed
- Bloodthirster charges final dreadnought- another dreadnought is killed due to the Khorne Greater deamon
- SG fires on the Scouts, reducing them to 2 and enabling enough room for Skulltaker to charge them in combat and wipe out next turn.
- SG killed via combined force of Calgar and Assault Terminators.
- Skulltaker kills remaining scouts. Relictor's shoot up Skulltaker but to no avail
- Marneus moves into contest Skulltakers 'Quarter' and tempt him down. But he hides.
- Terminators charge 3rd SG in combat - however unable to penetrate...
- Marneus charges the SG to help destroy the SG which would enable Relictors to win their contested Quarter back and get a draw - however the Daemon engine survives (Siph - mumble mumble... damage rolls, 1 and 2's again...)
- Marine fire takes out several Bloodcrushers - reducing to 1 wound single BC.
- Daemons claim 1 quarter, the remaining 3 are all contested