31 May 2021

Necron Dynasty - Lokhust Heavy Destroyer w/ Enmitic Exterminator

Hello All, thanks for dropping in, I completed a little project I had prepped whilst away with work, so on my return I sent it straight to the front of the painting queue, a nice little mini to add to my Destroyer Force - I'm not sure what is in the Codex as I have not yet bought it, however I have 9 Destroyers, 2 Heavy Destroyers and a Destroyer Lord - I hope theses are still playable!
I opted for the rule of cool when it came to the weapon, the Gauss Destructor I guess is a replacement for a Heavy Gauss Cannon and the chosen Enmitic Exterminator is like a couple of Autocannons for horde clearing, but looks far superior so it stays, I'm sure my older two converted Heavy Destroyers can be counts-as Gauss Destructors.
I followed the same scheme as the previous Destroyers, a plain upper torso and blue shell. Red gauss energy effects.
I like the chips and dents the new sculpts have, makes them look a little more weathered and beaten.
'Tis a mighty fine looking behemoth of a gun - even if 3D3 shots at S7 -1AP D1 is a little lacklustre compared to a single S10 -4AP D-3D3 tank killer shot, but two different roles, just that Necrons don't have a problem clearing Hordes with the mainstay weapon being a Gauss Flayer.

This shows the size comparison between old and new 'heavy' destroyers - the older shell is actually considerably bigger but the new sculpt has a lot more mass. I like the addition of the non-flying stand base too, a nice update miniature, I just hope the old ones are playable!
Thanks for checking my latest addition to the Necron Dynasty,
Cheers, Siph (2pts)

3 comments:

  1. Its a nice comparison, certainly wouldn't feel disappointed fielding the old alongside the new. The body in particular has elements on the old that look better, but that gun is huge! Nice to sneak a project in under the radar and from start to finish get it out there and surprise yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came together well in a short time and all. I do like the idea of a cult of the destroyer army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice paint job. Btw it's 3D3 shots 7str, -1ap.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin