22 Jun 2017

WIP - Ultramarine Mastodon - Heavy Assault Transport

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for looking, just a quick post with regards a WIP project, my Ultramarine Mastodon.
The moment I saw the model I knew I needed to have one for my Ultramarine force, the model looks so different to the normal shape of the marine tanks. I have painted the interior, and slowly working on the exterior. 
The plan is to include some white to tie in with our vehicles, but also I intend to add some black and maybe boltgun silver (Leadbelcher) to break up the amount of blue. I also plan to magnetise the doors to allow them to open/close. The main issue with the build was the floor, it took several goes to glue the tank together, and I had to resort to hacking chunks out of one piece to get the required fit.
Its a monster of a tank which dwarfs most SM vehicles. with the dawn of 8th the Mastodon has 30 wounds, with a 2+ save- it will be interesting to see how it fairs with the new edition.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow that thing is a bit of a beast for sure! Fair play to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look forward to facing off against this beast! Ouch... great model, I will get one myself one day, maybe. Got a pile of stuff to do before that, like a certain Fellblade....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the distinct look they got for it. Almost more like a Land Battleship than a Tank as such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing it finished. That thing will be a beast on the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that miniature its a beast, Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the feedback guys! I'm hoping to get some time on the beast this weekend..

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin