23 Oct 2017

Dreadtober - Relictors Deredeo Dreadnought - End of Week 3

Hi Dreadtober-teers and readers all, I unfortunately had a busy work week IRL so I didn't get as far as I would have liked, but got some more progress with the Deredeo, should have him finished by the end of Dreadtober - hopefully!
I started this week on the bigger pieces, legs and torso as many small bits a dreadnought does not make - I had done a lot of the details, but felt no real big progress had been made as the largest bits were still yet to do.
The right leg (left in picture) is positioned to be standing on a slight incline, I'll chose a slate from the garden to fit underneath just to add some interest on such a large base, I've also got something else to add to the base which will tell a little narrative...
With the larger pieces almost done, I need to finish the torso rivets and highlights and construction started, I feel I am making good progress at last. I need to paint over some of the hip joint ball joints where there was some epoxy resin overspill - to disguise it. Once I get the Twin Autocannon arms done it will start to take its Deredeo shape!

Thanks for dropping in, and don't forget to check out the other great Dreadtober participants in the sidebar link (up the top) >>>>>

Cheers, Siph.

5 comments:

  1. Looking good man - Can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking nice. Actually making me want that model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, seducing us with your promises of a scenic base... Well, you've promised now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming along great. Looking forward to seeing what Week 4 brings. Best of luck finishing up this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mordian7th - thanks mate, I'm pleased to say I've completed it on time!
    @ Rory - Go on, do it, you'll make a great job of it.
    @ Zzzzzz - Scenic base included and completed. You'll like it.
    @ Dave Mary - cheers, all finished, it will be good to see everyone's Showcases.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin