4 Sept 2023

Relictors Space Marines - Brutalis Dreadnought

Hello Readers thanks for dropping by. Today's addition to the Relictors Battle Companies and their Primaris type reinforcements is a Brutalis Dreadnought, a close combat variety of the Redemptor Dreadnought chassis. This was in the Strike Force Agastus box set.
This has twin chest-mounted Multi-Meltas for anti-tank, twin Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubbers up top for anti-infantry or Aircraft (+1 to Hit) and the main arms are Brutalis Talons, like Lightning Claws as you re-roll to wound when Striking, or Sweep doubles the Attacks (well in 9th - I haven't check out the changes in 10th)
To mirror the Imperial Knights reactors, I coloured the housing as brass. The Talons I picked out in my usual Power Weapon blues, Kantor Blue washed Nuln. When dry, drybrush Kantor Blue, Sotek Green and Temple Guard Blue towards the tips.
I've used the new Relictor's decals so will probably have to revisit the Redemptor Dreadnought to match and re-do those decals too! The knee has an Assault designation arrow icon, as this beast is for approaching and assaulting the enemy up close.

Cheers, Siph (5pts)
Don't forget to check out this year's Dreadtober Event!

6 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic Siph!! I nearly pulled the trigger on one of these but ended up with a Ballistus instead: a little more Dark Angel-y. Do you have something lined up for DreadTober this year? If not, I would still love to show this guy to everyone, if you are up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc, unfortunately I am away this year and unable to attend. However, I have crafted a number of Dreadtober Dreadnought posts of new additions to coincide with the event. Please do show this Brutalis, I rather liked the outcome!

      Delete
    2. I will definitely post about it if you are happy to share!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully brutal, Siph! Great job. As with Marc, I also passed on this bad boy fora Ballistus instead - as he said, more Dark Angel-y! I will be painting mine for DreadTober. Hope you have an entry too for this year! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DAM, I have also completed a Ballistus as well! Unfortunately before the Dreadtober window as I will be away! I look forward to reading everyone's Dreadtober update Posts though and have several Dreadnought posts of myself!

      Delete
  3. Inspiring stuff, great work as usual! And, yes, I already have my Dreadtober project selected!

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin