29 Oct 2018

DreadTober 2016-18 Relictors SM Dreadnoughts

Welcome DreadTober-teers and All, thanks for dropping by. As I finished this year's pledge a week early I have been getting on with some of the other to-do pile (mountain) tasks. To give something to post this week, I thought a nice themed DreadTober post with all my entries is suitable - with the encouragement of the participants and a pseudo deadline to focus my Hobby Butterfly, thanks to DreadTober hobby event I am the proud owner of three more finished Dreadnoughts for my Relictors Space Marine army! Cheers!
DreadTober will hopefully be back next year so save the address in your sidebars in preparation for next year's event, link in the DreadTober picture in sidebar here >>>>>
My first DreadTober event was 2016, and the release of the plastic static looking Contemptor was ripe for a make over and leg operation, I achieved a much better fluid pose I think by a small adjustment to the hip joint.
For 2017 I had an 'Eddy' Deredeo from Forge World in the to-do pile and some SM Casualties, so a nice themed piece which I am really pleased with was achieved. "To get to him, you have to go through ME!"
And finally, this year's efforts, a MkIV Ironclad for my Relictors 4th Company, as my 5th Company already have an Ironclad already. Another win, a FW kit out of the to-do pile and on to the table, now OOP too, so it's about time it was finished!

Thank-you to Todd (Sincain40K) and Joel (Mordian7th), so a massive thanks to those two chaps for keeping the hobby event alive for another year! And thanks to the founder Greggles, and Joe B for his contributions too over the time I've been participating. BIG THANKS to the participants and commentors here driving me on to finish these minor goals, and here is to next year!

Cheers, Siph.

8 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, it has been another fun and furious Dreadtober! That new looks very much at home with the others. Well done! And I don't know about you but I already scheming for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeeeeet! I particularly dig the Eddy, the composition is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice "family" shot! A sweet collection of Dreads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An impressive lineup. Well painted and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Neverness, cheers mate. Yes I’m scheming already... running out of Dreads but have plenty of Knights!
    @ Mordian7th, cheers mate, yes I was particularly fond of that result.
    @ DAM, cheers mate.
    @ Phil, thanks for your praise. Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. Formidable trio. That's gonna cover a table quarter, all used together...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, all the styles, but you can never have enough dreadnoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great man! Can't wait to see what you do for next year ;)

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin