22 Oct 2018

DreadTober 2018 - Relictors MKIV Ironclad Dreadnought - Complete

Hello All, and fellow DreadTober-teers, thanks for dropping in. I finished this year's pledge a week early, even with a Titan battle distraction, once back from that I concentrated on this and got it finished.
Check out the picture DreadTober link at the top in the Sidebar to see the latest progress of the other participants, every year I find it a great inspiration and everyone's progress spurs me on, cheers everyone! >>>>>>
I painted the Seismic Hammer pistons shiny and chrome to indicate the moving parts whilst I envisage the head being made from Auramite like Custodes armour, harder than Ceramite and Plasteel, and the Aquila shape meant gold was a good colour.
The stand out here is the two optional Hunter Killer missiles, unlike the GW plastic kit, these are not in launch tubes atop the sarcophagus so next to his Brother Ironclad he lacks stature. But the Flak Launchers are on top so give him height above normal Dreadnoughts.
I am pleased with the Power Claw, a simple blend and Nuln Oil wash towards the rear gives great graduation. I also attached the plastic heavy flamer where the Storm Bolter was as when I first took the kit out of the bag, the two Heavy Flamer nozzles got caught in the folds so I didn't see them! Doh... never mind, its a cool addition. This Dreadnought is for the 4th Company, hence the '4' on a green field, 4th Co. colours in the Codex Astartes.
The base was my usual Mournfang Brown, Karak Stone drybrush and Ushabti Bone light drybrush with dyed flock patches and some GW Middenheim Tufts.
Finally, a comparison shot with his Brother Ironclad of the 5th Co. who has a larger physical presence, but lacks the high tech curves and elaborate armaments of the more compact MKIV class. I like both, equally sturdy and powerful.

For the final week of DreadTober I will just post a nice thematic picture of all three of the last year's DreadTober efforts, my plastic Contemptor, Deredeo and Ironclad - that will round off this year's efforts nicely.

Cheers everyone, and thanks for checking this blog out, Siph. (5 painting points for Dreadnought)

11 comments:

  1. Now thats a weapons platform! I can't find this dreadnought on Forgeworld which is a shame because I really like the feet (amongst other things). Much better than the standard stubby toes. Mind you, I just spotted the Castellax Achea Battle Automata instead and felt a familiar surging in my loins. Ahh! Stop! We must cull the grey tide! Great job Siph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ MonkeyChuka, grey is the best colour! Ha Ha. Yes, its a shame these Dreads didn't survive the recent FW Culling of kits. I'm sure you'll be able to find one on an auction site? It reminded me of Red Scorpions design flair whilst doing it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the early completion. That's one cool and formidable war machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ DAM, cheers mate. Rather surprised myself on the early completion lol

      Delete
  3. I rather like the HK missiles mounted like this rather than the big, boxy launchers. Looks great overall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Da Masta Cheef, aye, but the boxy Launchers add height and gravitas I guess?

      Delete
  4. Well done on getting across the line early and with such a nice looking model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff! Congrats on finishing early. I am working on my own Dread (I promise!), just haven't had time to post up about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ St Andrews Wargaming, ha ha, yes lacking in the STAW updates, but still time to get some posted before the end of the month.

      Delete
  6. Great work! The Aquila head on the Seismic Hammer is just the best!

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin