27 Jun 2016

Legio Astorum - Warlord Titan Construction Build - WIP #16a - Basing

Hello dear Readers and titan fans, thanks for dropping in. I've been a little lax in progress of Dominus Victoria since finishing the construction build of the superstructure. But, I am a hobby butterfly and get distracted by new projects and old ones I haven't got around to finishing from before, the closet of doom has plenty of projects to take up when the fancy takes me.
Anyway, I bought a wooden shelf and traced the circles using the Apoc Blast Template, I will be matching the base to the bases of my Reaver and two Warhounds, so a circular design was the way forward.
I used my Jigsaw at a 45 degree angle, you can see the waste wood above. And below you can see I have given the legs their first basecoat, after a black primer, some Leadbelcher basecoat and next I will need to spray with some washes, a blend of Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil.
As you can see I gave the edges of the base a quick spray with Mournfang Brown to see what the effect would be, but I think I will need to seal the edges with some filler or modelling clay to give a smooth edge - I am open to suggestions please, whats best to seal the wood edges, at the moment I can see the grain.
A base is not really needed I would suggest, but it gives the massive amount of resin better stability and strength as the legs will be fixed to the base, forming a strong loop rather than legs like open forks. So, some little progress and a request for suggestions please. Cheers, Siph.

3 comments:

  1. Paint the edge with dilute white glue first, that always seems to help, even though you've already sprayed it once. Smears of household filler would do, it is also water soluble and thus can go on smooth in thin layers and built up until it hides the grain.

    Only one of my titans is based. Not sure about the whole basing titans thing really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dilute PVA first, like Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz said. it binds up any dusty wood nicely so the next stage sticks well.

    I would give decorators caulk a go for smoothing it off. very cheap, takes paint well. comes in tubes like silicone sealant. squirt it on and run a wet finger around to smooth it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'll give watered down PVA a go first and take it from there, cheers.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin