13 Jun 2016

Relictors Space Marine Land Raider - Terminus Ultra Pattern

Hello Readers, thanks for dropping by to have a look at my latest addition to the Relictors Battle Company arsenal, a Terminus Ultra Pattern Land Raider - this is a beast of a tank and in these days of Imperial Knights and 40K scale Titans, this tank was originally designed as over the top Apocalypse tank, but now would fit in nicely. 
I love this front view, yes count them, 3x TL Lascannons and 2x Sponson Lascannons - why is it not the same as the GW out of the box, well, the truth is that design sucks! The rear TL Sponson guns cannot fire forward because the single Lascannons are in the way! So, I polled what I should do back in 2011... yes this has taken awhile to be completed!! The poll was found here with suggestions of how I should mount the guns. The results, here, said mount as Triple Sponsons, which was my favourite option too.
Lord Halfpenny got around to doing his Terminus Ultra "Invictus" with Predator Turrets on top, seen here. I got as far as a WIP, here, in Oct last year before it went back into the closet of doom - but finally its completed!
I have used the Forge World Extra Armour upgrade to make it look more meaty and fit for task as a Titan Slayer, I also added extra bits from Rhino Razorback top plates to show extra ventilation grilles needed to cool the Lascannon capacitors inside, I reversed a side door to show more ventilation grilles and added a jet engine fan assembly on top similar to the fans on a Vindicator top plate, but bigger!
Here you can see the door ventilation grill, similar to what Lord Halfpenny did for his Terminus Ultra.
I also added a Command Frame SM sensor package to denote the extra sensors this tank would require for targeting so many Lascannons together, and of course, the sharp eyed among you have noticed riding in the cupola a certain Sergeant Chronus for a lovely boost to Ballistic Skill!
Here you can see the trimmed down plates from a Rhino, I think it makes the tank look different enough from a 'normal' Godhammer Pattern, the Extra Armour helps too! I also put some spikes around the vent on top as a nod to the dubious practices of the Relictors dabbling in Chaos to fight Chaos, and some Razorback front spikes on the front of the tank to indicate that this tank does not use its Assault Ramp, as it does not have any transport capacity because the internals are full of those Lascannon capacitors!
I painted it exactly as I did all my other Relictors tanks, using the accent colour of Bleached Bone (Ushabti Bone) to put emphasis on the number of Lascannon barrels this thing has ;)  The main colour is Codex Grey (and Army Painter Uniform Grey) and washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted Administratum Grey. The golds are Gehennas Gold, washed with Agrax Earthshade and highlighted Auric Armour Gold and Runefang Steel. The weathering is a little Calthan Brown (Mournfang Brown).
Here is a close up of Sergeant Chronus, the spear of Macragge, lent to the Relictors... I love his helmet, so Ipainted his Gaunlets to match the heavy-metal vibe the helmet portrays. Behind him you can see the Command Frame Sensor package.
How did I convert the Lascannons, well using a spare set of Razorback Lascannons, I trimmed them at just behind the barrel length and affixed to the Land Raider sponson assembly as the pictures show.

Right, this beast should make short work of an Imperial Knight over the length of the Battlefield, hopefully...BS5 and TL, hitting on 2's and re-rolling 3x Lascannons... lets hope those pesky Ion Shields don't save them all!

Thanks for dropping by, cheers all, Siph.

10 comments:

  1. Aww thanks Siph, now I want one too!

    Seriously though, that' great work and it looks utterly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about that third lascannon...just makes them look so much more brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at all of this stuff just leaves me feeling brutalised.

    Oh, and excellent cuttin'n'shuttin' to make those triple las cannon sponsons; very neat. Chronus as well ? Sheesh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, interesting juxtaposition between the very white GW skull on one side and the SS badge on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea on the lascannons. I am going to have to do that for my spartan conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks All.

    @ Nick, get one!
    @ Greg, do you mean the hull Lascannon or the Triple mount? I think the hull one makes it brutal, and the triples mega brutal ;)
    @ Zzzzz... Lol, but it's a WHFB shield emblem, all my 'Command' type vehicles have the skull and bones, every other vehicle has just the skull. GW are not that bad! They show great promise recently.
    @ NafNaf, glad you like and will find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The triple buddy...its just uber awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Needs more lascannons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the triple Lascannon mount. Tank is looking good. I'm a big fan of reversing the door. Go grey marines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just looking at my stats from the last few days and had a spike in traffic. I had a lot of traffic from Reddit and checked it out. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin