28 May 2018

Legio Astorum Forge World Warlord Titan Build - WIP #16b - Commence Rites of Colour

Forgive me Readers, for I have sinned against the Omnissah... it has been nearly two years since my last WIP Post! After Construction (Handy Complete Guide Here) I had model fatigue and Titan Burnout so put this mighty beast aside and carried on with wherever the Hobby Butterfly Syndrome would take me...
But, a lot of encouragement from Titan Owners Club Col H and Drake Seta to make 2018 the Year of the Titan and maybe get her ready for the TOC Walk UK at the end of June. Also seeing lots of Legio Astorum Titans popping up there, along with watching blogger buddy John Stiening and his remarkable pace building his Warlord means I'm finally back on the path of the Machine God and started the Rites of Colour.

The superstructure now has its undercoat and Leadbelcher spray, followed by liberal washing of Agrax and Nuln mix and a few spots of Purple Wash. Then a thorough drybrush of Necron Compound... and we are here.  Next up addressing some of the detailing on the superstructure, picking out all the piston cylinders with bright silver and pipes with brass.

A long and slow path, I am very doubtful Warlord 104 - Dominus Victoria will be ready for end of June, but it has spurred me on to make progress. I'll be attending the Walk UK with her sisters Reaver 10 - Honorum, Warhound's 10 - Canis Bellum and 2974 - Canis Praetor.


Thanks and keep the encouragement coming to keep me on the true path to machine learning enlightenment... Cheers, Siph.

5 comments:

  1. Never seen a naked Titan before. You must suit him up! The emperor expects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked titans are the best! I love all the detail, but most will get covered up and lost forever. Great stance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well..... Commence then !



    Seriously, it must quite daunting. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff, man! I can imagine how daunting approaching a model that large is, looking forward to seeing it come together. I'm going to be knee deep in his scaled down cousins once Adeptus Titanicus drops, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling. This is such a massive model with so much detail that it easily becomes overwhelming. But once you get started on the rites of color it becomes addictive and before you know it you will be close to the end. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing it completed.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin