3 Jan 2012

Relictors Marneus Calgar - Marneus Relicgar

Happy New Year all, thought I'd start the year with a long overdue miniature which I've had as a WIP for sometime. Nothing like a factory line of 4 drop pods to get you distracted by something less boring... may I present you all - Marneus Relicgar, God Of War, Eternal Warrior and a whole big can of whoop-ass.


I converted the Mareus Calgar model slightly to undo all the Ultramarine goodies, skulls were added to the leather straps hanging from the waist, a big 'U' shield was substituted for a spare Skull and Crossbones one on his right pauldron, the Ultramarine symbol on his right gauntlet was filed off and a terminator crux added instead. The 'U' inside the Iron Halo was substituted for a grimacing skull. Only the belt buckle remained,but I just painted the surround gold as well to mask the upper edge. I used a spare MKIII helmet to further differ him from normal Marneus' minis. I think it works well in Grey. The green power cables and the bone colour weapons echo those throughout the rest of my force. Finally a nice purple leaf pattern was added to the edge of the cloak to add some interest. Hope you like.

10 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Nicely done! I like it a lot.

Andy - bG said...

Looks brilliant. The change to the Mk III helmet works fantastically.

sonsoftaurus said...

Looks great! That helmet does work very well there.

Siph_Horridus said...

Cheers guys, had his first battle this evening, he is awesome - shame his Orbi didn't get on target tho.

The GunGrave said...

Very nice! Its amazing the difference a head swap can make!

Warhammer In Progress said...

Really nice conversion work! Great paint job, and the leaf trim on the cape really makes it pop.

Atreides said...

re-directed from From The Warp, i somehow missed this popping up on my blog-roll. what a difference a simple head-swap can make, he looks infinitely better now (and makes a lot more sense, i hate space marines with their helmets off!)

great paint job too.

Siph_Horridus said...

Cheers All, He's doing well so far in his battles - it's the Iron Armour helmet, not my generalship!

Marsekay said...

Hi mate! its me longtimelurker, from warseer, (i'm banned now!) i remember you commenting in my log. i'm carrying on with the carcharodons now and as your relictors scheme is so similair i'm having a good peruse of all your stuff! lovely jubbly!

Siph_Horridus said...

Ha, good to hear from you. You got yourself a Carcharodons Blog yet? You are very welcome to look - Grey Marines are good!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin