22 Nov 2008

Relictor Scouts

As promised, some more phots of my Relictors.
I have a couple of squads of scouts finished. Firstly with bolters and a missile launcher, the second squad with sniper rifles and a heavy bolter. My paintjob came from the idea that scouts would still wear their Chapter colours (Relictors Grey Armour) but would concede to some sort of camouflage (Cloaks and Trousers/Tunic) in order to be able to infiltrate. Thus, my guys have trousers and tunics to match the base colour sands, camo cloaks and camo silencers. The Hvy Bolter chap is a simple plastic conversion from the scout boxsets using a sniper cloaked body and cut down Hvy Bolter. The Sergeants have a normal marine head filed down to fit and one scout uses a IG head. The base of the Hvy Bolter has some 28mm scale Shell Casings I got from ebay.The sniper squad have a Hvy Bolter after reading an article on scout tactics from the Games Workshop website. I plan to make the bolter squad to 10 men so I can either use it as full squad or two combat squads.

Bolters and Missile Launcher


Sniper Rifles and Heavy Bolter

Camouflage Pattern

5 comments:

RonSaikowski said...

Those guys look nice, any chance of a close up of the camo pattern on the cloaks and how you did it?

Siph_Horridus said...

Thanks Ron, picture added. The camo pattern is easy to do. I started with a coat of Macharius Solar Orange then a wash of Chesnut ink in recesses. Add stripes with Tausept Ochre (or Iyanden Dark Sun if you want a brighter yellow), next random spots of Calthan Brown and finally smaller spots of Khemri Brown at the top of the Calthan Brown spots. You can adapt this to any colours - For inspiration type camouflage in Google pictures.

RonSaikowski said...

Seems simple enough.
The colors are very striking, nice job.

natsirtm said...

I like the Heavy Bolter conversion - I did the same for my 'counts as' telion but just with a regular bolter, also like the extra bolter scout carrying missile ammo.
I did however take it a step further by modeling cloaks (poorly!) on every scout and using the extra body and some old palm tree bits to make an 11th scout from the two boxes.

Siph_Horridus said...

Cheers Natsirtm. Checked out your blog too - some good Novamarines stuff going on!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin