20 Dec 2021

Legio Astorum - Warlord Titan #2 - Lucius Alpha Head

 
Hi Titan fans and all, thanks for dropping by. I have made a start on my second Forge World Warlord Titan, well, the head can be bought separately(!) and the now OOP Lucius Head has grown on me after looking at Lord TITANium Halfpenny's Warlord "Hell's Daughter" and the fact that to have a double Macro-Gatling Blaster armed 'DakkaLord Titan'.

I think the Lucius Head is the best, it just suits the brutal dakka-fest which s dual Macro-Gatling Blasters and carapace Gatling Blasters (only available in AT at present without converting two Battle Titan weapons!)
I painted the panels white (Army Painter White Spray) for a smooth base, then Army Painter Demonic Yellow. I edge shaded the panels with Averland Sunset and glazed twice with OOP Forge World Airbrush Paint Sigismund Yellow Clear for a really rich yellow.
I love the side profile of the Lucius Head as it reminds me of all the artwork of the Lucius Warlords of old, which were looking back, massively over scaled!
The cables on this head variant are a lot smaller and I stuck to my green power cables across my Imperial range. The neck collar was drybrushed Warplock Bronze for an oily old look.
The internals gave me a chance to use my Tamiya XF-21 eggshell green again like my first Warlord. I love this colour as t reminds me of MOD electrical and weapon engineering cabinets whose casings are all this type of colour!
On the main Princeps view screen I did a silhouette of a Warhound Titan. My previous Warlord had a Reaver silhouette.
Here is a view of what the Princeps Majoris gets to see, over the heads of the two Moderati at the front.
And both internal pieces are easier painted separately before gluing the head together. You can see the scored and unpainted surfaces prepped for the JB Weld where the floor panel fits.
The front sensorium optics were painted using a selection of glazes over bright Soulstone Silver base.
The underside has a decent amount of detail too.
Its amazing how the personality of a Titan changes when you do a head swap, the Mars-Beta Hoplite narrow eyed determination of Dominus Victoria

A link to Warlord Titan Construction process can be found HERE.

Now the skull grimace suitable for blunt rotary firepower of the multi-barrelled Macro-Gatling Blasters! Well, that's my preference for armament, just need Forge World to get making some of the AT range of carapace options now in 28mm!

Cheers, Siph.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. A fine start to the next Warlord! The Warhound on the screen in the cockpit is a fine touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin