8 Nov 2021

Terrain and Scenery - Void Shield Generator

Hello All, thanks for dropping by. A rather long project completed, I started this during the Dreadtober challenge and boy did it take a while, so much surface detail and fiddly bits and gubbins needing some attention - but with the use of some Fleshtearers Red contrast over the Leadbelcher base it actually looks great.
These were a limited resin run that scalpers ruined before GW then released again in plastic, this one is the plastic model. I see it is still listed on the GW website but out of stock and webstore exclusive, so maybe it will come back for sale at some point.
I quite enjoyed the base, trying to pick out the details in bright colours to make more of a feature than normal quick drybrushed terrain, but after a while I regretted my decision and the four towers each with full four sides was labour and time intensive, but I think in the end it is worth it, it does look great.
The Void Projectors I followed the idea from the box art and added blue, which I echoed on the main generator hub and in the four towers with lamps and some small lightning globes.
No idea why they think and exposed Servitor here is a good idea...
The opposite side has another Servitor, this time actually using his/her wasted arm for keyboard typing...
A quick and effective lightning effect looks great when repeated on the four globes. Temple Guard Blue and Baharroth Blue over Kantor Blue base.
Someone who looks like they enjoy their job slaved to the machine...
A cool piece of terrain to add to my collection, I will look forward to making it part of the narrative on my next battlefield set up. For more ideas and examples of terrain click on the label in sidebar or HERE

Cheers, Siph (5pts)

 

4 comments:

  1. That's a great take o the void field generator there, Siph, Reminds me have one sad on the shelf, primed and unpainted. When is the next imperial defense installation challenge!

    All kidding aside; a great piece. Should be great fun to play around/under/next to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done, of course I ended up making my own for my nids, but if I wanted the imperial one I'd still probably scratchbuild it - I'd use David Tennant era Dr Who sonic screwdrivers for the towers ;)

    Not to be that guy who complains about price but the VSG is £75 and a Fortress of Redemption is £80! But then a lot of newer sculpts seem to have created new price brackets for themselves the new buildings/ruins are quite a lot more than the likes of the Shrine of the Aquila which was quite substantial for around £25-£30. I foresaw it's demise just in time and picked one up.

    As to the VSG, it's interesting to compare the plastic one to what I think is the resin version on the GW website. The detail appears to be a little more dense on each of the facings, which is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The exposed servitude is really weird. Glad you pointed out that detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On what planet.....

    oh. of course.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin