21 Jun 2021

Warlord Titan - Mori-Quake Cannon - WIP #2

Hello Titanseers and All, thanks for dropping by. Back in April I posted my progress on a new additional weapon arm for my existing Warlord Titan (HERE). This just continues the work in progress, what can I say - I am slow (3.5yrs for the Warlord!) and its a BIG gun!
The gun shield is getting there, stripes and decals and trim two coats are done, just weathering of the trim to do and a final lacquer coat to protect. I may have gone overboard with stripes, maybe diagonal panels would be enough but I like them, they look difficult but easy to do with masking tape and look effective. All my Maniple have striped panels and the Warlord has a striped Shin so this just continues the theme.
The main gun just has its undercoat and spray of Leadbelcher, I've yet to wash with my Nuln/Agrax wash and drybrush with Necron Compound. The Belicosa Volcano Cannon shows the final effect. Not sure if I should do as much heat stain, just limit it to carbon soot weathering instead, its a big shell thrower not a laser.
The main barrel might get a black coat sleeve too, or leave as is, bare metal? What are your thoughts on barrel colour and heat staining? Cheers

The link to the whole Warlord Titan Construction process can be found HERE.

Thanks for dropping by, Siph.

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the work. The gun shield is going to be something to behold when complete...it's already looking grand.

    I hear you on the heat staining. A decent smoky barrel would do the trick for me...though I imagine firing shells the size of barns does heat things up some. ;)

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin