I have been building up my plastic warjacks with magnets so I can make different ‘jack variations and remove bits when they are damaged in a game. This guy has his arms and head magnetised.
The Destroyer got chosen as a test model because I have found ranged ‘jacks less effective than dedicated melee monsters like Beast ’09 and Juggernaught’s.
It was the first time painting something this size that doesn’t have scything talons, so I used it to practice some techniques I was planning on using across the army as a theme – mainly edge highlights and a clean/simple finish.
The colour scheme is as follows:
Armour – White undercoat followed by a coat of Blood Red and then Red Gore. Edges/details are then highlighted with Bleached Bone. It is finally washed heavily with Baal Red.
It’s pretty basic, but my thinking is that if I can get the basics of the colour scheme nailed, I can then start playing around with damage and weathering effects later on. I'm now working on a Juggernaught and hope to be able to make it a bit more interesting than the Destroyer.