Hello All, thanks for dropping by. I have added a carapace option to my Forge World Reaver Titan. Since 2008 release only one carapace option exists, which as a hobbyist and a Titan Owners Club member who battles these regularly using AT28mm rules, many options exist at AT scale so I bought an alternative 3D sculpt for one Warp Missile / Vortex Payload Missile rack!
For reference here is the AT official Warp Missile
I got the 3D print manufacturer to scale it appropriately so the rack fits the carapace plate the same dimensions as the AT version, I think its originally too small like the same 3D print of the carapace Vulcan Mega Bolter, so it was scaled 110%-120% to fit correctly.Painted my usual Astorum colour scheme
The 3D print had a plain nose cone which do the nature of 3D prints was not symmetrical and lop sided, so it was removed and a more archaic nose cone was manufactured (*cough - Scale75 paint pot lid) to suit a Warp Missile or Vortex Payload... the cap makes a 'radiation trefoil' when viewed from the front, I added a half round bead to cover the flat centre. I added detailing gubbins to the rather plain missile rack itself, with targeting sensors and vents.The missile was also too plain for such a forbidden technology, so I raided the bits box for gubbins and pipes and the like and decorated the upper surfaces of the missile body.
I also painted pseudo 'window' plexiglass sections writhing with forbidden energies within, suitable for Warp displacement technology of the dreaded Vortex Payload. And an official looking seal - probably says 'Do not open on pain of death by the Emperor' or something suitably High Gothic and authoritative!
Importantly, during Titan Walk games of AT28mm, once fired, the missile can be removed from the rack to show it has been fired and no-longer available. During the main Titan Walk in July, it did sterling work successfully firing and hitting targets both days, causing D3 plus one, S10 auto hits bypassing Void Shields on any unfortunate Titans under the small blast template. Nice to do some damage on castled up shielded Warlords.
Cheers, Siph. (5pts)








No comments:
Post a Comment
For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)