12 Jun 2022

Relictors Chapter Space Marines - Redemptor Dreadnought

EDIT: New Relictors decals Aug23 - went back and changed Redemptor
Welcome back to the blog, thanks for dropping by. I'm having trouble leaving comments for others using my iPad so apologies if you have one of the blogs in my sidebar and lack comments, I am reading your fine materials. Anyway, I've finally built and painted a Redemptor Dreadnought! That's something like 19 Dreadnoughts I have now...
Painted my standard grey, Uniform Grey overbrushed Codex (Dawnstone) Grey and washed Nuln Oil, highlighted Administratum Grey. The stone chips were actaully not slate so I painted them with Shyish Purple and Nuln Oil - instant slate! 
As this is such a big beast and the reactor core quite powerful, I've painted it the same as the cores on my Imperial Knights, good to link across all forces.
I didn't use magnets, the push stub for connecting is fine, if it works loose I can go back and magnetise. Both the Macro Plasma Incinerator and the Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon were painted.
I quite like the glow I achieved, simple and effective overbrushing the ridges after a Kantor Blue base, getting progressively smaller area with lighter blues, Sotek Green / Temple Guard Blue / Lothern Blue / Baharroth Blue.
The heat staining was washes of Nuln Oil / Drakenhof Nightshade / Leviathan Purple / Sepia
And a handy size comparison with a Venerable Dreadnought, who says scale creep is a thing(?!)... but does make it easier to paint!

Cheers, Siph (5pts)

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome, mate!! Incredible work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fine dread for the collection!! He is definitely a Big Boy...love the size comparison. Both weapons came out well with the plasma glow and the heat staining on the Gatling cannon. Congrats on the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's huge. And cuddly.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin