12 Apr 2021

Adeptus Titanicus - Legio Mortis Reaver Titan

Hello all, thanks for dropping in. I have finally after a long time procrastinating and painting the big Titans, gotten around to painting some of my Adeptus Titanicus boxed game mini-Titans.
I plumped for a traitor Legio to contrast my main 40K Titan force of staunch loyalist Legio Astorum, I did think about recreating them in miniature but the draw of painting something different and a different mindset was too great. I also love the Mortis scheme of classic blacks/reds/gold which looks effective, also over a black basecoat is quite quick to do. 
As you can see the titan has been fully magnetised for weapon swaps, each weapon has a 5mm x 1mm disc magnet, the arms two 2mm x 2mm rod magnets and the left arm swaps out with magnets so the close combat arms can replace the ranged weapons. Seen above with the Titan Power Fist.
I bought several sheets of Legio Mortis decals from Forge World (I learnt my lesson from FW withdrawing the large Titan decal sheets - I have plenty) and the main colours are Abaddon Black, Retributor Gold and Mephiston Red, all washed with Agrax.
I also wanted a break from my usual Mournfang Brown bases, and chose something quick and smaller grain sized to help with scale, so GW Texture Armageddon Dust, washed Agrax and highlighted Ushabti Bone and a black bevelled edge - a departure from my normal is refreshing and this different game system allows a change.
It is rather refreshing all round painting a Titan in only a few days and having different schemes, loyalties and bases. I am happy with my choices.
I will have to think of a suitable treacherous name for this traitor Engine! Onward and upward, I have another Reaver, two Warlords, two Warhounds and a Warbringer to add for starters. I'll look forward to some games of AT in the future when back in the country.

Cheers, Siph. (5pts AT Titan)

6 comments:

  1. Cool! That engine looks great in its Legio Mortis colors. I need to look at rod magnets. I see you use them often (though usually big ones for the 28mm engines) and I have only used disc magnets to-date, often stacking them like rod magnets to get more pull when needed. So, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rod on big Engine is easier to drill, more surface area to pull-face to glue and ideal for arms and weapons. These AT ones are barely rods at 2mm diameter but 2mm thick disc so really small ideal for 40k Marine Torso to smaller magnet in Arm swaps too.

      Delete
  2. Impressive, i really do need to find the time and motivation to finish off my Reaver and 2 Warhounds. Far more challenging [mentally] than I ever imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, it’s because you are a perfectionist mate! Yours look fabulous but as these are so tiny you shouldn’t labour over them so much as the 40k minis! Leave the efforts to the armour plates, most superstructure gets covered anyway :)

      Delete
  3. Flippin' heck ! You just can't stop, can you ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, loves me some Titan! Work has somewhat slowed my productivity now though

      Delete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin