17 Apr 2020

Chaos Daemons - Daemon Prince(ss?) Conversion - WIP

Hello All!

I hope you are all well, and keeping safe. Up next on my chopping board, is a project I wanted to build, and convert. A daemon Prince based on the sisters Monument from the Battle Sanctum set.
I opted to build the daemon prince as if the monument is becoming a daemon - was he there all the time, or has the daemon possesed it? The model has had an arm swap, with the right arm from the normal DP set - the arm had to be cut down to fit in the space for the original arm, and to get the correct angle to make it look correct.
I also swapped the left foot for a  old Lord of Change foot - the model had been sat on my desk, and I won't get around to using it due to the release of the larger loC, thus the foot has hacked off! I had to add green stuff to extend the claw, as the foot was a right one, and I wanted it to appaer as a left - the addition of green stuff has added length to the claw so that it looks correct.
The head was the trickiest part, I wanted to retain the look of the head, but wanted to have some daemon form in the face. So, I hacked the face apart - the hair was cut away to use later. I opted to use a plastic daemon prince head from the kit, which was then shaved to be as thin at the back as possible, this was then glued to the 'head' of the monument, with the hair added around it to retain the look of the original piece. I then greenstuffed any gaps to finish the look.
I'm pretty happy with the overall look of the model, I want to add some spikes to the right shoulder to make it look more 'chaos' like.
 
Thanks for looking! Cheers, Lord Halfpenny.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! That's a great idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive. So many ideas of how that should be painted as well.

    And now I know there's another statue I need to procure..... Curses 1/2p !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the finish is exactly how I had it in my head the moment I saw the model.. its a great kit to work with!

      Delete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin