17 Jun 2024

Relictors Space Marine Chapter - Castraferrum Dreadnought #9

Hello Readers, thanks for dropping by. I am scheduling these posts again as I am overseas. This is the ninth of many Dreadnought reinforcements I bought from Goddenzilla at Kaiju Country blog. A Castraferrum Dreadnought (original metal one) armed with Assault Cannon and Storm Bolter CCW Fist.
The scheme from Goddenzilla has again been adapted to my own, the golds repainted, overall brightened up, and some optics re-coloured. The greys lightened to match my own forces (Dawnstone/washed Nuln Oil). This one is also joining my 4th Company as the 5th have plenty! 
I've added the Fallout Hobbies Relictor 'side skulls' decals again, starting as I mean to go on refreshing the decals on the entire force eventually... 
The original metal smoke launchers were so much more substantial than the plastic replacements from the vehicle frame. I like the skull and lightning flash detail on the Assault Cannon arm, I'd never noticed that before. I hope Assault Cannons get improved as currently at the time of writing (10th Edn.) they are lacklustre and are AP-, worse than a Bolt Rifle for penetration, yet are meant to be like a 20th Century MK4 Mini-Gun.
And the original from Goddenzilla

Cheers, Siph (5pts)

1 comment:

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin