18 Mar 2024

Horus Heresy 30K - Death Guard - Primarch Mortarion, The Pale King

Hello Readers, thanks for dropping by. I have been away for a while unable to do any hobbying, however, whilst away I commissioned Den of Imagination to buy, construct, and paint The Pale King, Primarch Mortarion, father of the Death Guard Legion Space Marines, Child of Death, Lord of Death, Lord of Contagion.
I'm not sponsored so this is an honest review - Den of Imagination did a great job, superb service, good communication and photos were sent with feedback from me taken and the painted re-touched a few bits. Postage and packing was through FedEx and I got a very smooth service when compared to a previous commission service - so I would thoroughly recommend them if you have more money than time! I hope this inspires me to progress with the Death Guard forces, I have only the Primus Medicae done so far.
A great job was done on the pale cloak, I re-painted the censers myself after giving the go ahead but on receipt I fancied a more brassy look to them, I also added a spot of colour on the Manreaper "Silence" battle scythe power blade, and some Stirland Mud on the base to complete the job and match with the Primus Medicae.
The base is magnetised, the front (shown as the right upper base piece above) is removeable, and Den of Imagination added magnets to secure the piece.
I love the pale face of the Pale King, and the artist followed by recipe I gave for the rest of the force yet to come, so this will fit in nicely and lead the fledgling future force.
Here is the magnetised base, the playable base is also magnetised underneath to the main base, this ensures a nice firm display base. 
The only piece I really added to the commission job was the blue power blade to the Manreaper "Silence" battle Scythe, using my recipe from the Custodes Power Blades. This adds a nice spot colour to an otherwise (rightly) drab miniature. And a few tufts of grass and the Stirland Mud to match the future force's scheme.

Primarch Mortarion will look over the Death Guard as the forces grow in the future...

Cheers, Siph.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking piece and a fitting justice to the Primarch of the Death Guard

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant job. Horrid gribbly fella...

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin