9 Oct 2022

Dreadtober 2022 - End of Week 1 - Imperial Knight - Rites of Construction

Welcome back Dreadtober-teers, the first week done and dusted, a week undergoing the Rites of Construction and consecration for this noble war machine. I ordered a resin base a while ago.

This will be my eighteenth Imperial Knight, Sir Hekhtur the Chainbreaker riding Questoris Preceptor 'Canis Rex'.
Dreadtober is an annual event held over the month of October where hobbyists pledge to do a dreadnought-sized model from the to-do pile and get it finished, starting 1st Oct and hopefully completing 31st Oct (Halloween/All Hallows Eve) with lots of progress shots and encouragement along the way :) and I like to partake in Dreadtober, and have done for a few years.
I have got the armour plates ready for trimming and undercoating, these will be painted separately and attached to the endo-skeleton. They will mainly be silver so the endo-skeleton will be different from my usual drybrush Leadbelcher and be blacks and greys.
I have also made Sir Hekhtur on foot as the rules for Canis Rex have a chance for him to be on foot if the Knight is destroyed. I have also converted the internal seated version to be a dead Knight Scion in a future terrain piece or diorama.

Don't forget to check out all the other Dreadtober-teers and their progress, click on the picture in the sidebar or HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good already! The dead Knight Scion will make for a great detail/objective. I didn't know, there was a seated pilot in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along well. Great idea to use the seated model as something else's, like an objective or terrain feature. Will totally borrow the idea if I ever get into my own Preceptor box. Can't wait to see your paintwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love people pushing the bounds, not just a dread but a full on Knight. Love it. Cool to have both pilot versions there.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin