3 Jul 2022

Genestealer Cults - Purestrain Genestealers

Welcome readers, thanks for dropping by. Following on from my long overdue Genestealer test scheme of  2017, I have adapted the paint scheme to the new contrast paints to speed up the process and dirtied up the original to match the Skeleton Horde flesh base. About time I did some more, so I grabbed my old copy of Space Hulk, added a few newer Genestealers from an eBay purchase and the Cults boxset and put paint to plastic.
These are simply, Wraithbone contrast base, then Skeleton Horde, a top wash of Agrax, sparingly. Then the chitin is painted Flesh Tearers Red contrast, a second coat on the recesses, washed Nuln Oil in the recesses and highlighted Evil Sunz Scarlet.
The details are then Bugmans Flesh, washed Reikland, tongue glazed Bloodletter and the eye Averland Sunset and glazed yellow.
The bases are then done my usual Mournfang Brown, drybrushed Karak Stone and Ushabti Bone. 
The process is quite quick when working on a production line as contrast paints dry fairly quick. These will bolster the fledgling Cult somewhat! I have a ton of the characters yet to add, so another nice palette cleanser before I get back to Titans and Relictors... maybe... as I said at start of year, work is taking me away so posts will be fewer and scheduled in my absence. Lord Halfpenny continues to keep the homefires burning at WeeMen Towers :)

Cheers, Siph (11pts. One done previous)

2 comments:

  1. They came out well. It was sad to see the changes to Genestealers in the latest Nid codex. Preferred being able to field a lot more of them.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin