28 Sept 2011

Tyrannofex Finished

So in my last post I threw up a step-by-step of how I paint ‘Nid flesh (@ Oni: thanks for the comment – I have tried using just a green wash and then the flesh wash on some Stealers and it looks nice, I think I might use it on a few more models). Time to finish it…

After the flesh is finished, the entire carapace and talons are painted black. The carapace is then painted with purple and green streaks. I keep the paints pretty thin – the idea is not to give a visible streaking or blending, but for the carapace to appear black from a distance – but then change colour slightly in different angles/lights. Kind of like oil or a beetle shell. To be fair – its not 100% how I would like it, but its something that I can practice more with each model painted.

The carapace edges are then drybrushed yellow.

Minor details like tubes/eyes/bony bits are painted, a gloss varnish is applied, the base is painted up and Bob is your too-touchy-feely uncle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin