1 May 2016

Imperial Space Marine 2016 - 30th Anniversary Miniature and LE2 Comparison

Hello Readers, and if you are enjoying a Bank Holiday like here in the UK, have a nice one! Thanks for dropping in to take a look. Here is my version of the Games Workshop Imperial Space Marine 30th Anniversary miniature, painted to match my Relictors Chapter marines.
I really enjoyed this model, the design cleverly hides most of the joins and mold lines and the piece has lots of nods to the Original Imperial Marine as you can see below in the comparison shots with LE2 (or later Bolter Number 5).
I painted the gloss shoulder pauldrons as usual, but really like the up turned vents on the Power Pack, like the original. There are so many modern details based on the original, the little triangle indicator on the front facing of the power pack, the holes on the thigh, the boots - obviously, the knife and the leather pouches, and of course the disintegration combi-weapon design, pipes and details.
I painted the casing of the weapons to match the accent colour of my Battle Company, otherwise a grey and black scheme can be in danger of looking too moody - which is why some of my Assault Marines are dark and moody.
Here is a series of comparison shots, but firstly, a shot of LE1 Space Orc (not Ork.. that came later), LE2 Imperial Marine (not Space Marine, that also came later) and Imperial Space Marine 2016. Enjoy.
Thanks for dropping in. Cheers, Siph.

9 comments:

  1. Cracking job Siph, this model has really grown on me seeing the work you and other bloggers have put in. I now just need to work out what chapter to paint mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Siph. What's the recipe for your grey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Col H. And Drake, Grey is simply Codex Grey (Dawnstone) washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted Administratum Grey. It's the same recipe I've used for my Relictors since the start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, man! Really dig how that turned out - love the little walk down memory lane too, how I wish I still had my old Imperial Marines (used to have a whole squad of 'em)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. Now make those heretics pay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! One of my fav things is when these special mini's come out. Then all the bloggers and artists have access to the same piece, and they all paint it up so differently. It's just a joy to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your kind words. Mordian, I still have a full 10 man squad of RTB01 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting that 1st Space Ork (orc) as well. The WD featuring the anniversary marine mentioned it but did not include any pics, and it left me wondering just what that 1st ork (orc) was. Thanks again for solving that mystery!

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin