16 Sept 2022

The Knights of Ryza March! Centaur Knight Lancer - Complete!

Hello one and all! A few weeks of absence hopefully makes the heart grow fonder? maybe. I've been busy with a combination of work/stuff and also projects! Inlcuding this one that is now 'finished'.
This is a Knight Centaur Lancer, utilising several kits to produce these results. The Lancer is of course, the Forge World model, with the lower portion a 3D kit bought from a well known auction site. I believe it is by 'themakerscult' and to confirm, is one beautiful, glorious kit. The lancer shield is from Taro Model Maker, and the base was from a seller on Ebay.
The knight is from the house 'Dominus de Ryza' latin, for Lords of Ryza, the knights are a supporting house for my Crucius Titans.
The kit was great to put together, you need a lot of patience to get the legs correct, (dry fit/try/try/test) as they the legs have several parts and need to line up correctly for the model to stand, I built the model with all the panels removed so that I could paint it in subsections - the armour, the weapons, the endoskeleton, shield.
The knight endoskeleton was painted black, then highlighted up with silver and greys. The armour was initially undercoated white, then I applied XV-88 to add depth. The armour was then sprayed with 5/6 coats of an Orange pearlescent colour. this was allowed to dry prior to each new coat. I then taped the model to then spray a matt black on to the armour panels to add contrast.
The spear was picked out with blue hues, to again add contrast to the orange/black I've also used blue as a spot colour for the wires across the model. Verdigris has been applied to all 'copper/bronze' areas to add a sense of age to the knight. The model had had LED's installed into the head, I am just waiting on a battery pack to then be able to get them lit- these are 2mm Orange LEDS.
I've also applied home made decals to the Knight, I used photoshop to create the heraldic symbol, utilising an image I found on google for the house symbol - a horse head with a partial cog around it.
I need to add the knight name to the shield banner, but this will be done once the other Knights are added to the house.

Thanks for stopping by! LH (20pts)

3 comments:

  1. Great looking Lancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that is unusual! I bet it has a great battlefield presence too, with the lance and shield and longer body.

    The orange turned out really well. What paint was it? (on top of the XV-88)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work! A great focal point model and gives off vibes of Rogue Trader.

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin