8 Oct 2018

DreadTober 2018 - Relictors MKIV Ironclad Dreadnought - Week 1 Progress

Hello all and a special hello to fellow DreadTober-teers! So, end of week 1 and some progress has been made I am pleased to say. The ol' bag of resin was trimmed, washed and undercoated. Feel free to check out the DreadTober blog by clicking on the DreadTober 2018 picture in the sidebar >>>>
Here is where I got up to, I started to drybrush the metallics in first as this was messy, next will come the clean up. But opposite to my normal progression, I thought I'd start from the feet up...
The feet were glued in the correct position and angle to show the Dreadnought marching forward, then the glue and sand was applied, 24hrs drying, second sealing coat applied and another 24hrs then painting could start. I did the feet first, then the base so any over painting the mud can stay as dirt and sand build up. I chose a transfer from the FW Space Marine Sheet, denoting Assault - as this Ironclad is built for smashing fortifications and close range.
I added a few tufts from Gamers Grass and GW Middenland Tufts and some of my usual dyed flock. I embellished the gold details for interest and that's about it so far...
Here he is with his older Brother Ironclad "Mortis", a plastic GW Dreadnought, the feet and legs on the MKIV do look tiny, but once the sarcophagus is fitted the presence starts to grow.

Thanks for checking out my progress and continue well my fellow DreadTober-teers!

Cheers, Siph.

3 comments:

  1. That is looking mighty and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin’ good! Nice legs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Neverness, cheers mate.
    @ DAM, Ha Ha, why thank-you kind Sir ### BLAM! ###

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin