17 Aug 2018

Reaver Ttan, meet Reaver Titan, and his little friend

Hello one and all,

As my Reaver Titan project draws to an end, I thought it was a good time for the Reaver Titan to meet the other Titans of the household- other than the Knights!

I've had the Armocast version of the Reaver for over 12 years, and still like the look of this model, however it definitely looks dated next to the Forgeworld version!


 The Armorcast version is a lot shorter than the Forgeworld one, and, although it retains the same silhouette, doesn't looks as imposing. In height the Armorcast model is around the height of a Warhound.
 Let me introduce the 'big guy'
 As you may have seen in a previous post, I own a scratch built 3ft 2 Warlord, here is 'Dominus Bellum' meeting the 2 Reavers. The Reavers only just come up half way up his legs! the Forgeworld Warlord I think would be leave with the Pelvis of my warlord.

Thanks for looking!

LH

4 comments:

  1. That’s no Warlord, that’s an Imperator Class! Blue Warp Studios I presume :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not as detailed or realistic as the Forgeworld version, but I have a real fondness for the old armorcast reaver titan. Reminds me of my first UK Games Day and my love of the Epic Titans of old! One day maybe I'll own one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Armorcast model that holds up best over time has been their version of the Phantom Titan. That thing is sweet. Yes, the Forgeworld one has more detail etc., but AC simply nailed it.
    (Oh, the Gargant they did was amazing also.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One could suspect that the armourcast one is more faithful to the original 'space marine/epic' models, which would have been white metal 6mm scale castings (?).

    Have you considered dismantling and reassembling post some continuity improvements ? Might be an idea...

    And that Warlord/Imperator ! that's lovely !

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin