25 Jun 2014

MK III Iron armour Combi-Weapon Conversions

Hi All,

Just a quick post about the Combi-Weapons I'm converting for a 10 man Sternguard Squad of FW MK III Iron Armour Marines.

I wanted to keep the look of the models right, by using the Phobos pattern Bolter with a special weapon attachment. I found a seller on eBay who sold just the special weapon, which was designed to fit on pre-made bolters- they also fit quite nicely on to the bolters after a little cutting back. Here are the results..


I opted for 5 plasma, and 5 Grav gun combi weapons- a lethal combination for taking out both tanks and heavily armoured units- My plan with these, as with previous squads is to have 2, 5 man squads, each with the same type of weaponry- the plasma combi weapon squad can deal with tanks up to AV13 if needed, with 2 shots each with rapid fire. Likewise the 2 shot Grav weapons are great for taking out 2+/3+ armoured units..

I'll post again when the squad is finished.

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin