In this case the seller just said there was a Carnifex and some bits from a Battleforce set. The pics weren't very clear and it was obvious they were horribly painted, but I don't mind stripping paint and I can always do with a few extra Gants, so I thought I'd throw up a max bid of £12 - and I managed to win!
It was a nice surprise to find I actually won:
- 3x Tyranid Warriors (good for S8 target practice I guess...),
- 1x Carnifex (now de-limbed and awaiting Devourerfication),
- 8x Genestealers (they are the newer models so will be Ygmarls and are going to be getting some nice bases),
- 15x Gants (always need more 'Nid bread & butter!),
- 6x Gargoyles (not got any yet so these will be test models for the new Hive Fleet Thorn "Air Wing")
- A collection of bits that I'm sure will be of use somewhere...
When they turned up it was another case for the R.S.R.M.M (Royal Society for the Restoration of Mistreated Models); the models seemed to be stuck together with a mixture of hot glue and tree sap and were covered in half a dozen layers of acrylic paints, poster paints and nail varnish - but its nothing that a few days in a Fairy Power Spray bath wont fix.
Now if only I could snag a FW Hierophant for £12...