25 Jun 2012

Relictors StormTalon Gunship - Space Marine Ground Attack Aircraft

 As soon as I saw the pictures in White Dwarf, I knew I wanted two of these (at least), I see them as the Space Marines Apache Gunship of the 41st millennium. Presenting my Relictor's StormTalon Gunship. Hope you like.
 I used Badab Black wash to deliniate the glass before painting,however it kinda stained blotchy, but better than super glue clouding I guess - I fixed it in place with PVA glue.
 I've magnetized the sponsons so I can change between Hvy Bolters or Lascannon pods, however the rear of the pod and side have gun parts and ammo (the ammo bins for the Hvy Bolter look okay on with the Lascannon barrels).  The second StormTalon will have SkyHammer Missile pods.
 With it's TL Hvy Bolters...
 With Lascannons
 Rear shot showing landing gear stowed.
 Side shot.
 Over view, you will note I've attached the wings backwards on purpose - looks more streamlined and aircraft like I think. I much prefer it to the reverse angle.
 A dead tyranid head painted to match 6thDegree's Nids! Ha Ha
Just want to sing 'Ride of the Valkyries' really loud everytime I pick it up and make whooshing noises... ;)  Thanks for stopping by and reading.

2 comments:

  1. I love this.

    I like the model far FAR more than I was expecting to, and the paint job is - of course - splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome, I think its a great model and you've done a great job on it. I really like your idea of using the wash on the canopy, clever, I may have to borrow that in time.

    How easy was it to magnetise for all the weapons?

    ReplyDelete

For the Emperor! (and other Xenos welcome...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin