29 Nov 2011
28 Nov 2011
month! 6th turned 30 over the weekend, (Happy Birthday!) and Siph turns @% in a couple of days time! guys hope you had/have a fantastic birthdays, and will do celebratory battle/drink soon!
23 Nov 2011
Below are a couple of pictures... Thanks Lady HP!
18 Nov 2011
A world will die....
A tyranid invasion on the world Colcha has created a chain reaction- the once industrious planet is now a waste land- of death and destruction. Space Marines of the Relicitor chapter were deployed to stop the invasion- however the Relictors also had a secondary objective. To rescue a newly discovered Chaos Relic, found at the site of a chaos temple.. little did they know that another force was on the hunt for the relic...
3 objectives were deployed in each 'zone'. The Relictors objective was deployed
Relictors- The Relictors deployed within the fortress, the Tryanids positioned themselves as forward as possible. The daemons were split into 2 waves- the luck of chaos was on my side as I rolled for wave 1 to appear first.
Tyranids had first turn, followed by the Relictors- then the Daemons...
- Tyrannofex stunned the Relictors Vindicator
- Terrigon 'pooped' out 11 Termagaunts- however it 'pooped' itself out!
- Land Raider takes 2 wounds from the Tyrannofex via Lascannon
- Tyrannofex wounded by autocannon fire from the Rifleman dreadnough- saving 3 shots though!
- Marneus Calgar unleashes an Orbital Bombardment-scoring a 'hit' and killing the 2 venothropes and a Prime!
- Missile Launched at the Warriors- taking a wound
- Deep striking across the battle field
- Pink Horrors killed 10 Termagaunts with Warpfire
- Both Soul Grinders fail to cause damage with shooting
- Blood Slaughter hits contemptor, immobilising the dreadnought, and dragging the noble dread towards him- short by 2 inches!
- Flamers take a single wound off Marneus via Breath of Chaos
- Doom of Manati arrives via deep strike by Pink Horrors, Carnifex behind a Soul Grinder, and Trygon by the Nid Objective. 2 squads of Genestealers are flank marched, and enter behind the Whirlwinds within the Fortress
- Carnifex scores 1 Penetrating, and 2 Glancing hits against the Soul Grinder- resulting in destroying all weapons!
- Trygon fails to wound the Daemon Prince.
- Doom of Manati uses the 'aura' spirit leach on the Pink Horrors- reflected back at the Mystic Pod due to the changeling- DoM increases strength to 10!
- Termagaunts charge the Pink Horrors, wiping them out!
- Genestealers assault the 2 Whirlwinds, scoring several rending hits- destroying both!
- Vindicator fails to Penetrate the Blood slaughter
- Land Raider wounds another Warrior
- Raifleman dreadnoughts open fire, killing gaunts, and Flamers
- Marines on the fortress kill more flamers- leaving 3 remaining
- Screamers killed by the combined efforts of Land Raider Redeemer and Rhino
- Combined fire from the Scouts, Assault Squad, Land Speeders (Speeder killing 9 with Heavy Flamer!) reducing the number of Genestealers to 2- which are killed in Combat
- Assault Terminators assault the Blood Slaughter- Wrecking the Daemonic engine.
- Marneus kills 2 Flamers in CC
- Army is reinforced, with further units deep striking.
- Fateweaver, and Skulltaker along with 6 bloodcrushers deploy deep within the nid deployment area
- Only the Blight Drone scatters into the Relictors- Siph places unit within the Tyranid lines..
- Blight Drone kills 2 warriors with autocannon, and phlegm fire
- Daemon prince charges the Carnifex, causing a wound- but losing 3 wounds in the process!
- Seekers kill the Tervigon with rending claws in CC.
- Marneus kills the remaining flamer
- Doom of Manati attacks the Terminator Assault squad- killing 3! (Siph rolled 3 1's for invulnerable saves)
- Hive Guard inflict a wound on Fateweaver- he passes LTD test
- Trygon and Gu'Kath in CC, taking one wound from the Nurgle Greater Daemon
- Carnifex is reduced to 1 wound by Daemon Prince in CC- both now on 1 wound each
- Land Speeder kills 5 Plague Bearers with Heavy Flamer fire
- a further Plague Bearer is killed via a Rhino
- Rifle Dreadnought shoots at the Hive Guard, saves made from cover
- Land Raider fires God Hammers at the Doom of Manati- instant kill!
- 3 Termagaunts killed by fire from the immobile Contemptor and Land Raider
- 2nd Blood Slaughter arrives via deep strike
- Soul Ginder kills 4 Termagaunts
- Ku'gath takes another 2 wounds from Trygon in CC
- No wounds in the CC between Daemon Prince and Carnifex
- Bloodthirster kills 2 Termagaunts in CC, in responses the Bloodthirster loses a wound!
- Seekers charge into Hive Guard and Swarmlord- all are killed
- Daemonettes assault Assault Terminators- losing several of their number
- Tyrannofex takes further wounds from Fateweaver- who is now on 1 wound
- Swarmlord suffers 1 wound from perils of the warp
- Carnifex fires 20 shots at Skulltaker- no wounds though!
- Hive guard Immobilises the Rifleman Dreadnought
- Ku'gath takes the remaining wounds from the Trygon, after 3 rounds of combat
- Carnifex kills the Daemon Prince, again after 3 rounds of fighting!
- Bloodthirster kills another 2 gaunts
- Redeemer immobilises the 2nd Blood Sluaghter
- Land Raider fires God Hammers at Tyranofex, taking a wound, Heavy Bolter fire also takes out 2 Hormagaunts
- Terminators wipe out the daemonettes
- 2 Land Speeders, and 2 Rhinos fire at the Plague Bearers- reducing them to 2
- Bloodletters arrive via deep strike on the Tyranid Objective
- Fateweaver takes a wound from the Hive Guard and Swarmlord via Breath of Chaos
- Soul Grinder kills gaunts with its harvester gun
- Ku'gath kills the 'dakka'carnifex in close combat
- Bloodcrushers charge into the 2nd carnifex and mystic spore- taking all the wounds, and killing both.
- Bloodthirster and Skulltaker killed the remaining 7 gaunts- and moved closer towards the Swarmlord
- Plague Bearers stun the Rhino
- Fateweaver manages to make 9 saves against the swarmlord- including re-rolls and re-rolls..
- Warriors shoot everything at Skulltaker, killing him by taking 3 wounds
- Vindicator destroyed by Hive Guard
- Hormagaunts charge the Bloodthirster-and destroyed the beast of Khorne in combat
- Fateweaver and Swarmlord continue CC
- Landspeeder's Multi Melta takes care of the Blood Slaughter
- Second Land Speeder takes account for the plaguebearers
- Land Raider and Master of Forge fail to destroy the immobilised Soul Grinder
- Marneus and Redeemer move into position to assault the Gaunts on the center objective- if there is a next turn...
- Mamon finally appears- deep striking in the heart of the Relictors lines- however he suffers from a Deep Strike mishap having landed on the Scouts. Siph moves Mamon as far as possible from anything!
- Gu'Kath kills the mystic spore
- Fateweavr is finally bested by the Swarmlord
Obj 1- Relictors
Obj 2- Contested Relictors & Tyranids
Obj 3- Daemons
A win to Siph, and the Relictors!
~~~Marneus Relicgar marched from his Thunderhawk directly towards the Inquistor-
"do you have the Relic for Me Space Marine?" asked Inquisitor Tiberius,
"I do Lord Inquisitor- we were successful against the Tyranids- and Daemons.."
"Indeed- a daemon invasion host"
"Why Inquisitor? and why did you not discuss the potential for a daemon invasion!"
"let me see the Relic..."
Marneus handed the blade over to the Inquistor....
"you are a fool Marneus..."
the Inquistors eyes turned a bright yellow colour- as he swung the blade at Marneus- who saw the swing at the last minute ducked, suffering a glancing blow- his honour guards weren't as lucky, as Tiberius beheaded two!
"the powers of Chaos will always win Relicgar" - the Inquisitor imploded, leaving a giant Daemon Prince in his place...
Seeing more Relictors charging towards them, the Chaos Prince took flight, and smashed his way out of the Imperial Fortress... I will have your head Relicgar!!!
16 Nov 2011
14 Nov 2011
Thank-you for your continued interest in our humble goings on. We've just hit the 200 mark with you folks following what we've been up to - not bad for a blog set up so me and Pornstarjedi could keep tabs on eachothers doings.
Thank-you for your support and comments over the few years we've been blogging. Here's to more.
Siph is back on Relictor's and has several drop pods to plough through whilst away at sea... although the Chapterhouse Studio's kit for a TRUscale Stormraven has turned up.
Pornstarjedi is finishing basing and painting the Daemon army... before attempting a Reaver or Caestus Assault Ram.
6th Degree is edging closer to completing the Swarmlord... and other gribblies.
We thank you.
11 Nov 2011
10 Nov 2011
Ultras had a MotF on foot, Sternguard in Pod, 4 Dreads (Ven in Pod, Chaplain in Pod, Ironclad in Pod, Normal in Pod) and some Tac, Scout and Assault Termies in Redeemer Land Raider. Podfest. The first 3 Pods were Lucius Pattern, enabling Assault on Deep Strike arrival - nasty but expected.First turn saw 3 Ultras arrive (he chose 2nd, so Relictor turn was purely movement and lame shooting at only visible target some scouts in bolstered defences) and 3 charging Dreads killing the Relictor MotF and immobilising Relictor Ven Dread (re-rolled a 6 to a 4!) but nothing with Contemptor which was charged by Ultra Ven Dread. Ironclad was short on charge due to Drop Pod scattering (but rules wise we have now decided that actually he may have been in range due to 2" Disembarkation rule from pod edge to back of base giving a few more inches). The picture above shows the result after the Relictor Turn 2 - all deepstriked Dreads dead. Ultra Turn 2 saw deepstrike Dread (in the "Deathwind" normal Pod above) and Sternguard by the Relictor Ven Dread. Sternguard shot a Termie then died horribly in Relictor Turn 3. Ultra Dread landed, shot ineffectively and died horribly to shooting, result shown above. Ultras retaliated by Thunderhammer Charging Landraider, but failed to damage. Ultra MotF was charged by remaining Relictor Termies and died in a flurry of Lightning Claws before they themselves died to the Ultra Termies counter charge. The Godhammer died to MM shot from Redeemer and Ultra Termies died to lots of Rifleman Dakka in turn 5+6. Only a Redeemer survived this end of table and MM was ripped off by the Contemptor ending its only real threat (AV13 dread). Drop Pods were popped to gain the Killpoints (Unit and Transport).
The other end of the table had the Ultra Scouts and Tac Sqd lurking in cover whole game doing nothing. Eventually tarpitting and slowly dying to Relictor normal Dread - no lucky Krak grenades I'm afraid.
So ended a Ultramarine massacre. Turn 1 charge by Ironclad would have taken out the LR, however the LR shooting was poor throughout and was popped later so doubt that would have changed anything. The Relictor counter to the first turn Dop Pod assault with some lucky damage rolls and again on the second turn Drop Pod assault won the game on Relictor Turn 3. I expected drop pods and they don't phase me. I think the points would have been better spent on some more dakka (265pts would have got another LR) and just walked on the edge on turn one. The Ultra Scouts in high building the other side of the battlefield and Tac behind a building did nothing but preserve 2 killpoints but were being whittled down in CC with a Dread. Then it was a case of mopping up... sry Pornstarjedi. Killpoint tally was 10 to Relictors, (Dread x 4/Pod x3, Sternguard, Termies and MotF), more if I could pop two more remaining Pods on turn 7 we didn't play as Pornstarjedi conceeded and 5 to Ultras (MotF and Termies, LR, Combat Sqd Tac and Razorback). Thanks to Skarvald for comments, edited to reflect. Trophy stays with Relictors.
7 Nov 2011
Starting with the mandibles; after digging through my bits box looking for some suitable spikes/horns, I finally settled on the spikes that were included in the Tyrant Lash Whip sprue (typical that it’s the last place I look). These are pretty much the perfect size to have a pair mounted on each side of the mouth – without looking stupidly large. At this stage I also noticed that the hooves have mini talons, so I found some more spikes (clipped from the gaunt armoured shell biomorph bit – ‘Nid players will know what I am on about) and added them.
Next up was the split tail… In my bitz box I managed to find a rounded-tube shaped sprue branch that was the same diameter as the existing tail. I then clipped the end of the tail off of a spare Carnifex tail and pinned that on. Some more spikes and a bit of basic greensuffing and the second tail was done. It was then just a matter of attaching it to the existing tail and using greenstuff to blend the join.
I am loving the pose – it looks really nimble and graceful; especially with no other models to give it scale. Put a marine in front of it…Draigo for instance (I bloody hate Draigo) and it looks like it could kill anything!
Next up – basing and painting.
Thought I would give a quick shout out – whilst I am modifying a standard Tyrant to be my Swarmlord; Warfrog is building an absolute beast of a Swarmlord from a range of ‘Nid parts and it is shaping up brilliantly (he's a lot more sklilled than me). Check it out on his blog.