Finally I've completed tactical squad 1, for the 2nd company. These guys I first painted up 13-14 years ago! I've updated the paint scheme, and changed the yellow trim from bad moon yellow, to a more subtle golden yellow. I've highlighted the ultramarine blue with a very light fortress grey, and then added additional grey to the prominent areas. (knee pads etc) The final stage was to add black shading around the armour plates to add depth.
The rhino has had the same paint scheme as the marines. The tactical arrow was painted using a masking technique. I used masking tape in the shape of the arrow on top of the blue and sprayed with skull white. This allowed the arrow to be sharp and crisp. I found this technique alot easier than trying to paint the white on top of the blue. Again I added shade with black in the recesses.